Weekend Wrapup



Every Sunday without fail, we will utter, but I don't want the weekend to end! This weekend was no exception. I started Friday off by not putting clothes on for work and working at home since Skylor isn't going to daycare till his cast is off (5 more days!) I only had one lash appointment to do Friday so I was done by the time Jerek and Tracen got home. We savagely ate some pizza on our patio and then headed to downtown Birmingham for some froyo and park time before bed. Shain park was filled with kids, first dates and some major Pokemon Go freaks, just head deep in their phones running into fountains and shit. I posted our wedding video with photos on Friday if you haven't seen that you can check that out here. I will have the last Mexico travel video up sometime this week before I get knee deep in wedding's I'm shooting these next few months, so stay tuned!

Saturday we headed Home Depot to grab some random stuff for the garden and flooring that Jerek is working on. I know I can be pretty damn bias'd but Trey and Sky are literally the cutest! Sky kept saying he was cold and the next thing I know I turn around and Tracen had his blanket wrapped around him. I had to stop pushing the cart real quick and snap the photo because I mean, why wouldn't you! I spent the rest of the day hanging out with girlfriend and her son, cleaning the house, doing all the laundry and keeping the kids busy while Jerek worked on the flooring. I think I mentioned this before but we are re-doing the back family room. He's been working on the flooring and has one more small section to finish up but it's looking AMAZING!!! I can not wait to show you before and after photos!

I scooped up some amazing Nordstrom anniversary deals online that I'm excited about! Unlike most store sales, it's not the summer stuff on sale, its the stuff for the fall as a hey here's a preview of the fall stuff, buy me now before it's full price type thing. So I snagged this, this and this! Basic I know, but I have been rocking the capsule wardrobe for 6 months now and if I've learned anything it's to accessorize with hats, shoes and jewelry to change up outfits.


Sunday we got up and headed out to a (free!) splash pad/park with Jerek's sisters and kids to let them all play in the amazing weather we've been having. Since Sky broke his leg I try to not say we can't do things because of it. I found this waterproof cast bag at Walgreen's so I got one and we've been putting it on any time he plays with the water table, goes to the pool, takes a bath or in this case, goes to the splash pad!

We brought our smaller stroller and wheeled him all through the water. He kept saying I having so much fun in da water mommy! He was so genuinely happy it in turn made me really happy. We try and take him to the park and put him on the slide and catch him, walk up the play structure, get him involved and play as much as he can. It's been a very humbling experience and I've realize how lucky we are that this is only a temporary thing, that he isn't permanently unable to walk. We headed to Mbrew for a cocktail on the patio because hashtag summer, and if we're going to be frank here the food was blah and I can buy any Michigan beer they serve at a local store. I don't think we'll be back, with or without kids, sorry Mbrew. We finished off the night with Sunday family dinner at Jerek's parents and I was in bed by 945pm fast asleep!

Hope you had a great weekend, enjoyed the weather and had a patio cocktail or two! I have 3 weddings to film the next 3 weeks so I'm going to be a tad busy but I love it! Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel to be notified when the last Mexico video goes up this week!

xx Chel

2 comments

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had such an amazing weekend! You two are so sweet ♥ I am glad that having the cast isn't limiting Sky's happiness or chances of fun!

    ReplyDelete