WHY YOU SHOULD TRAVEL WITH KIDS

how-to-travel-with-kids

I feel like a pregnant women in her third trimester, counting down the days till her due date, wishing she'd go into labor. Three weeks till we leave and I'm wishing these weeks would hurry up already.

When we booked our two week vacation to Europe people were shocked when we said we were bringing the kids. I was thoroughly confused to be honest. Traveling with kids is exhausting, believe me we've done it. We've gone to California, Colorado, DC, Mexico and all over Michigan with the kids.



But every time we come home I'm so happy that we all went together, I can't imagine it differently. Perhaps I'm premature in saying this but I will stand by it 100%, a 2 week family trip will be epic!
how-to-travel-with-kids
Yes, I'm sure I'll have stories of how absolutely insane the boys were in a restaurant and all the Brits stared at us. Or when the Parisian women are walking by and I'm over here at the Eiffel Tower, trying to get the perfect selfie, while sipping on some bubbly, the kids are running around and Jerek's yelling at me to hurry up. Or when we're in NYC and I want to go to Chelsea to get photos of everything that has my name on it and the kids won't sit in the stroller, we've ran out of food and we throw a Kindle at them so they chill out.

how-to-travel-with-kids

how-to-travel-with-kids
{Colorado-2016}
Traveling with kids is exhausting but it brings more memories than I know what to do with myself. My mind, and computer, are full or photos, videos, laughs and tears.

This year I told myself that we need to make sure we do at least one small getaway a year where it's just us though. Last year in June we went to Nashville to have a belated birthday celebration for Jer with no kids! We left Thursday night and came back Sunday afternoon; it was the perfect amount of time away from the kids.
how-to-travel-with-kids
{Plane ride to Mexico-2016}

Jerek and I really don't know what it's like to be able to travel and not have kids in our lives. We graduated college in May 2009 and had Tracen at the end of 2010. Both of our kids from the get go went everywhere with us. They learned to sleep through dinners out in their car seats or strollers. We made make shift snuggle spots at relatives houses so we could stay longer and enjoy time with family and friends. We eat out at restaurants to teach them how they are suppose to act in public; doesn't mean it always happens. Yes, we will throw an iPhone in front of them when coloring, eye spy or hangman isn't working. I refuse to not go out and enjoy ourself and live inside some bubble like so many parents do because the kids are acting out in public.
how-to-travel-with-kids
 {2 kids in 1 suitcase for a week}
how-to-travel-with-kids
{Mexico-2016}

how-to-travel-with-kids
{Sky puked this up 10 min later in the Taxi}

Things I've learned with kids is you aren't always on 'their' schedule like we're made to believe. You may need to adjust your dinner plans earlier so you aren't waiting an hour for a table but you CAN still go out to dinner. Or, maybe you've discovered grabbing breakfast is a better time to enjoy a meal out when everyone had a good night sleep. The point is you still CAN go out to eat, you might need to figure out a time that works best for the everyone so you all can enjoy that meal. The saying your life stops when you have kids is bullshit. You choose if your life stops, and we've chosen to throw that crap out the window.

how-to-travel-with-kids

how-to-travel-with-kids
{Yes, my kids do act crazy at restaurants. That doesn't mean we don't go out though!}

Traveling with kids teaches them that there is more to life than what you see sitting at home or even in school. That money can buy so much more than Pokemon cards and Minecraft shit (can you tell I'm a boy mom!) Traveling has taught the boys about time, different food and languages, about manners, landmarks, how to swim and adapting to your surroundings. It's taught them about states and countries, about sharing, about money and how hard we work to take these trips! Traveling has taught them about love and family and relationships. Traveling is a priority to me and I will make sure that the kids grow up experiencing this.

9 comments

  1. YES. My dad is from England so growing up every couple of years from me being like 3 years old onward we'd make the trek over to visit his side of the family. My dad would always make it a priority to visit other places though whether within England or other surrounding countries. Or even stopping in Florida for a few days on the way back from Europe before flying back to Ohio. Traveling was something I grew up experiencing and it wasn't until I got older, that I realized just how much it can shape you and how lucky I was to have all those experiences. Definitely am one to make it a priority myself (although much harder with work, ugh). And it can be done without blowing a lot of money- just takes planning and researching which is something I enjoy haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this and agree! I didn't travel a ton when I was younger but any chance I got in high school and on I went. It all started when I went to Germany, France and Switzerland at 17 that showed me there's so much more. While I haven't done as much as I would like to while in college and now having kids, I'm making it a huge priority to spend money and time traveling with the family than on materialist things 100%! I'm hoping my kids will realize this like you do now older too!

      Delete
  2. AMEN AMEN AMEN. Have you read the article floating around Facebook that says family vacations act as "happiness anchors" for kids as they grow up? All the more reason to go. Having kids should ADD to your life experience, not make you miss out on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't but I will def look for it now! I 100% agree, these boys have only added to my life, nothing has made me miss out <3

      Delete
  3. I love traveling with our kids! I always want us to be all together, however, that doesn't mean me and the hubby don't need night away once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes totally! Def why we are trying to make sure we do a date night a month and a small trip every year together just us :)

      Delete
  4. Following having a few days and nights with mid-major March Madness championship video games claiming the schoolMarch Madness Live hockey spotlight, the Power 5 March Madness Live Stream conference tournaments commence to take center stage today. These kinds of are the games that will help define the way the bubble and the back again end of the NCAA March Madness Bracket Tournament bracket shakes away.
    March Madness 2017
    On Wednesday, Syracuse, New mexico, March Madness 2017 Live California, TCU, Ohio Express, Wake Forest, 2017 March Madness Virginia Technical, Texas Tech, Xavier and The south all play game titles NCAA March Madness that will either help solidify their at-large berth/seed or make Selection Saturday more of an stressed day. march madness schedule

    One other quick note: I moved Gonzaga back up to the top seed line after a third thoroughly impressive win over a very good Saint Mary's team in the WCC name game. That's not overall, though. The Pac-12 event champion march madness schedule 2017 could easily end up there by the end of the week, particularly if the winner of the Arizona/UCLA semifinal beats Or in it game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As the sparkle of March Madness 2017 (NCAA Tournament) comes to be a surging fire, we're certain that you want to join millions of individuals to enjoy the most interesting college basketball occasion of the year! Here's how you could watch March Madness 2017 HD 1080p 720p on any one of your gadgets such as apple iphone, iPad, Android, Mac/PC, Apple TV, and so on.
    March Madness

    March Madness Live

    March Madness Live Stream

    March Madness 2017

    March Madness 2017 Live

    ncaa March Madness

    ncaa march madness live

    ncaa tournament

    March Madness Bracket

    ncaa final four

    See March Madness 2017 Live on TELEVISION with Cable
    The simplest means to catch a total amount of 68 teams consisting of to play basketball games is to view them on a cable with NCAA Tournament registration. Networks airing March Madness 2017 like ESPN, AMC, TNT, TBS, Food Network, Sling TV, and Roku TELEVISION will certainly bill $20 monthly without contract.
    March Madness

    March Madness Live

    March Madness Live Stream

    March Madness 2017

    March Madness 2017 Live

    ncaa March Madness

    ncaa march madness live

    ncaa tournament

    March Madness Bracket

    ncaa final four

    After paying, all clients could take pleasure in limitless real-time streaming coverage throughout the whole males's basketball champion 2017 on TELEVISION.

    ReplyDelete