One.

365 days ago I smiled and laughed as I pushed you into this world just as July 29th had begun. You've been making me gush with the same amount of joy ever since. I can't get over how much you've grown and changed over these past 12 months, it seems so surreal. The love and admiration you have in your eyes when you stare at Tracen is truly amazing. You look up {literally} to him with such a gaze in your eyes it makes us smile for you. Tracen also adores you to pieces, alternatively we have to pry his grimy little hands off your face before he squeezes you to bits. {Sorry about that for future reference}

Here is Skylor's birth story. A story that was so easy to write, an experience I would relive forever because of the calmness I felt that night. The first thing people noticed were your cheeks. Those things were huge! I still smoosh my face into them as soon as I get home from work, when you wake up in the morning or your beaming with a toothy grin on your face! You like to watch people very intensely, and want to do everything Tracen does. These past 12 months have been some of the best times shared together as a family of four. Everyone always says it but, I don't know what life would be like without you in it. This weeks video is dedicated to you sweet baby boy, happy birthday and may the next year be just as fun, exciting and joyful as this last year was.



WEIGHT: {check up soon}

HEIGHT/LENGTH: {check up soon}
{Look how big he is in this thing!!!}
SLEEPING: I jinxed myself last month because teething started up again and you are sleeping like a colic-y baby. We. Are. Exhausted. and so are you :(
EATING: Everything and anything! You're refusing bottles and only want sippy, just like your brother :)

FAVORITE MOMENTS: There are too many to list so watching the video is a must!

LEAST FAVORITE MOMENTS: The sadness in your face when you don't feel well. It hurts me more than it probably hurts you.


FIRSTS: You started to walk with a baby walker and he smiles whenever he does! Walking from couch to table and back. Crawling up the stairs {oh lord!} You recently started humming and it's like you hear us singing or the music being played and are just joining in on the party!

LIFE CURRENTLY : Is wonderful. Stressful, but wonderful. I now have a 3.5 and 1 year old #crazy. We are working away on projects for the house and at work. Trying to enjoy summer and long nights together. I still wear you around the house and while running errands, I enjoy that closeness between you and me and know it won't always be like that. You're back to sleeping in our bed most nights {and so is Tracen} so its a bed full of blonde cuties once again. This summer passed by extremely fast and we love being outside together. My favorite thing about this year are the vlogs though. I've watched them over and over even though I'm the one that puts them together! I cherish these moments because they go so fast, we are so busy and I never ever want to forget them.

I'm writing this for me as, I do most of these posts, but I do hope one day you read this and can feel the emotions and love pouring out of me for you. Happy First Birthday Skylor!

7 comments

  1. Love this. Love the lemon face. Priceless!!! Such a sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsea, I know somewhere I saw a comment that you haven't been good about keeping a baby book for Skylor. You should not feel badly at all. This blog and your vlogs are wonderful (I know I'm a little prejudice!) and a great way of recording life with Skylor. So much better than a baby book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes mom, I agree! If anything, I'll print out the monthly post and put them in his scrapbook :)

      Delete
  3. he's a little doll, i just want to squeeze him so tight!!!! especially when eating that lemon!!!! i love it!!!! <3 happy bday Skylor!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks boo! Jer LOVES lemons so we wanted to see if he would too haha

      Delete
  4. SOOO cute! I can't wait for mine to get here! I just went and read both of your birth stories -- I'm still terrified about my own (I mean, who isn't with their first pregnancy) but it is always nice to know when there is a happy ending :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're getting so close!!! BL will be here before you know it! Tracen's wasn't exactly a rainbows and butterflies BUT we got to bring a baby home at the end of it and some people aren't as lucky so I'm very grateful for that! Sky's was magical and gives me constant baby fever because it was THAT easy lol but it was probably "easy" to me because my first experience was hard ya know!

      Delete