Makeup Look| Berry Lips




Currently in Michigan the weather is pretty bangin. I might be the only one who thinks this but I honestly don't mind the 60 degree temp we've been rocking lately! I love nothing more than a great pair of skinny jeans, booties, a white tee and my beloved brown faux leather jacket. Throw some curls in your hair, a scarf and a bag and boom, this is me!

With the cooler weather coming in fast I get extremely excited to change up my makeup routine. My go-to look for the fall/autumn time line is a nice subtle eye paired with a rich berry lip. If you have seen my recreation of Iggy Azaela's make up, you will notice heavy cat eye, eyeliner and the bright, vibrant pink lip. While I love the bold eyeliner and shocking lip color, that is something I'm all about in the warm summer months. When fall comes around, for me it's all about luscious berry and deep red lips.





Finding makeup that works for you skin type and color is very important for everything to blend well {I have normal to dry, cool, pink undertone skin}I remember buying foundation that was two shades too dark because I wanted to look tan and 'swore that was my color.' I now look back at pictures and cringe sometimes at how orange I looked! While makeup can be expensive it can also be affordable. Going to Ulta and testing foundation shades, eye shadows and lip products out is one of my favorite things to do {I know, I don't get out much.} Not only are there trained professionals there to help, but also testers for most products to swatch on your own skin. This ensures you are almost always going to match your foundation correctly. They also have coupons for $3.50 off $10 and 20% off your purchase every week online or in their magazine.

Finding the right makeup that fits your lifestyle is also very important. There is no need to spend money on something you will not use! Regardless of the purchase you make at Sephora or at CVS I always suggest you invest in some quality brushes, they will make or break the look of your foundation or eye shadow! My absolute favorite ones are by Sigma. The ones I used for this look are the F80 Flat Kabuki for my foundation, the F10 Powder/Blush for my blush and bronzer and E40 Tapered Blending brush for my eye shadow. Sigma brushes are great quality, hold up through tons of using and washing and you will not need to replace them often like you do with other lower quality brushes. Right now they are offering a few different deals when you order, free shipping on purchases over $50, and 10% off your ENTIRE order using SEPT2014 when checking out.


{All products used on the look above are listed below}

1.  L'Oreal Quad Desert Sunrise 106{Limited Edition}
2. Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation-Light
3. The Balm- betty-Lou Manizer {bronzer}
4. Milani Blush- 05 Luminoso
5. Rimmel Stay Matte- 001 Transparent
6. Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer- Brightener
7. N.Y.C Lipstick- 320 Mahogany
8. Benefit Bad Gal Lash- Black
9. Jordana Lip Liner- Cabernet

9 comments

  1. Loveeee this look! You're inspiring me to try some berry shades this fall! Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all about the berry lips! Bring on the fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing Chels! I love the fall colors, especially the lips! I want to try something different too, thanks for sharing! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing Chels! I love the fall colors, especially the lips! I want to try something different too, thanks for sharing! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO going to buy this lipstick! I love buying new colors, and this one is so pretty. <3

    - MeYouAndHayleyLarue.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chelsea, you look like a movie star! (Spoken like a proud gram!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous lip color! The darker colors and berry tones make me excited for fall!

    ReplyDelete