Wedding Update

Yo yo yo,
are yo ready for this,
check the mic!

Roses are red
violets are blue
I have a little secret
I want to share it all with you.

While Michigan is great
we all do know,
 we're getting married next year
in beautiful MEXICO!

Alright, I'm no Eminem, that's fo sho! But do you know how long it took me to think of words that rhymed with Mexico...all I could think of was no beuno and know. So I stuck with English.

Yes friends, you read this right! I'm happy to announce I've deleted all Excel sheets with venues in Michigan and I've stopped trying to take everyone's busy lives into perspective and decided to do what WE need and want. This means the beach and sunshine with my boys, friends and family for a long vacation slash 30th birthday party slash wedding! That's a lot of slashes...



Here's how it all started...

It was the morning of New Years Eve and I was sitting at the dining room table enjoying my Starbucks while the boys were entranced by the little mouse that danced along our television. There was a bridal magazine that I had bought MONTHS ago (here's the proof) staring at me, begging me to open her. I casually started riffling through it. After I was half way through all I seemed to notice was the tropical scenery and disregarded all the "10 things every bride should know" shit that also encompassed the magazine. Jerek had mentioned a few times when I was crying talking about not finding any venues I liked that maybe we should just plan for 2016 that way we can have a date/location that we want instead of just settling somewhere to have it in 2015. So from the table I yelled 'Fine...we can have a 2016 wedding under one condition....we do a destination wedding...' That 1000 calorie egg bake he was whipping up was put on hold and in came Jerek into the room, I just kept blabbing away. After some more talking we had this great idea that we would still do something in the fall of 2015 for people that couldn't do Mexico BUT it would be more along the lines of a wedding shower/celebration and not the actual wedding, a girlfriend in the wedding biz calls these "pre-ceptions" {so using that!}

The pre-ception will be held at my moms/boyfriends house {shes probably cringing hearing that because she said shes "too old to refer to him as her boyfriend"} they have a gorgeous back yard with a pond, barn and plenty of space for there to be a bounce house! Yes a bounce house was a requirement for the party. Did your wedding shower have a bounce house...cause ours will! We will have about 20 kids invited and I know I'll be on that thing as well; growing up is for fools! We can talk style and ideas later, don't worry, we will, but basically I want the party to a vintage-chic-celebration-wedding-shower-BBQ-affair, that makes sense right? While we will be registering, I don't want to open gifts in front of people {that gives me pure anxiety!}, I want family and friends coming together for all the kids to play, eat some great food and just hang out and enjoying each others company. This will be an option for anyone that is also coming to Mexico to attend both, either or if it's just not in the books, than neither. There will be no feelings hurt of any kind if people can't make either or both functions.

A few months ago I posted a question on Facebook asking where people for wedding venue recommendations. I had some people tell me to do a destination wedding that I wouldn't regret it.While I secretly wanted this I've always just felt extremely guilty about it. While Jerek is the last to get married on his side of the family I am the first on both my mom and dad's side. I started feeling guilty looking at venues 3 hours away by the water so I started looking at huge vacation rentals in Port Huron which then led me to feel guilty again. I felt inclined to keep it local so that it was doable for all family and friends. But as the months have passed I showed less and less interest in even talking anything wedding related because I just didn't care much. I had no ambition to plan it or look at venues and was getting anxious from it all. Worst of all I know Jerek could tell and I felt horrible.

Most girls are ready to start wedding planning months, even years before they are proposed to. They know where they want to get married, who will stand with them, what type of dress they want to find and the music they want played. I've been to and worked enough weddings to know what I don't want but that was the extent of my wedding views. If you've been reading my blog for a while now you probably know that I've never fit that typical bride description. While I have been pinning things to my wedding board for years it's basically been for shits and giggles, I've never really thought 'omg, I can't wait to plan my wedding one day!' I was more like 'omg, I can't wait to take a freaking vacation!' SO! We're doing just that!

So since we've signed contracts on the resort, and spoken with all our family and friends (so they aren't just finding out now via social media!) and we have an official wedding date I'm so excited to finally share the details with everyone now!

We will be getting married on April 5, 2016 in Cancun, Mexico! 

If you've been biting your tongue about asking me for wedding details, scared that I would snap your neck, fear no longer! I am over the moon happy now! While I'm now planning two parties, which ultimately would bring more stress, I'm actually very pretty relaxed about it all and excited, which is the best part! I think the part that excites me the most is Tracen. He can not stop talking about 'when we all get married on the beach together as a family.' That kid has a heart of Mother Theresa for his family people!

While this has been extremely long winded I wanted to take this opportunity to let you know, if you even care, that I will be doing wedding Wednesdays. These will be posts on here or videos on my Youtube channel. These will be full of feelings and emotions of the wedding planning process, the dresses I'm dying over {but probably can't afford}, the DIY's for both parties, the way I ask the girls to be my bridesmaids {yeah, still haven't done that, woops!} and the list could go on. I'm just so happy to finally be excited to talk about the wedding details so bare with me if I become annoying, it's okay, I won't be offended.

Thanks again for everyone's input on things over the last 6 months. For never making me feel bad that I wasn't all mushy gushy about wedding planning and for being so supportive to all of us. And yes, everything will be vlogged by myself and HOPEFULLY by Jerek as well. Especially since I've been getting tons of texts and comments about how they loved that Jerek vlogged, I told you he's a keeper! If you're wondering what I'm talking about, here is the video.


11 comments

  1. So fun! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a relief to have the details down!!!! Whoop whoop, it's gonna rock!!

    livingoncloudandreanine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Congratulations for you! I know you'll be so happy with a destination wedding. Before my fiance and I were engaged (on our first family vacation together) I was joking about doing a beach wedding. I was like you, I was thinking of everyone else. When my (then boyfriend) now fiance jumped on board I was stoked. We talked to my parents then and they agreed! Woo Hoo! I can't tell you how much less stressed I already feel. We're getting married in September and I'm not feeling rushed at all. I do need a dress, just sayin', but the planners we booked take care of practically everything else!!

    Congrats again!! Fun times are coming!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Leslie! The planners you get are included and take care of everything its AMAZING! Now I really don't to worry about wedding stuff right now and can just plan a fun party for September right now. Where are you guys getting married?

      Delete
  4. ooooh Mexico!! Can you even begin to imagine the gorgeous pictures you will have by the water in your dress!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! So pumped for you guys, it's going to be awesome! Destination weddings are the way to go ;) xo Chelsea play. wash. rinse. repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you for doing what's right for YOU and your family! It's your big day after all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many congratulations dear!! I am really happy for you. Your story was also very exciting. Thanks for sharing such personal moments with us. In the mid of next year I’ll also get married. We haven’t fixed the date yet but I have decided to have destination wedding at some LA venues in Florida.

    ReplyDelete