The Garden Theater- Detroit Wedding

garden_theater_detroit_wedding

On July 23rd I loaded up my camera gear, kissed the boys bye for the day and headed to Detroit to the Ren Cen to start my day. Ryan and Sydney were getting married and it was a full day of shooting! I met Sydney way back when I worked with her sister at a tanning salon. I remember one day she walked in to tan and she was so bubbly and full of life and didn't stop talking, she was my kind of girl! Ryan and I went to high school together and had a lot of friends in common so it was so cute to see them together as I knew them through totally separate walks of life!


The day started off with Sydney and the girls getting ready at the Ren Cen downtown. When I showed up everyone seemed relax and happy, which is so refreshing to see since this day can be hectic and rushed. The weather was beautiful, the girls dresses were perfect and Syd killed it in her gorgeous gown!

We headed to the ceremony at Our Lady Queen of Martyrs where Sydney was lead down the isle by her dad. The entire morning Sydney kept saying she defiantly wouldn't cry and low and behold the tears started flowing as she walked closer and closer to Ryan, it was so sweet!

Sometimes Catholic ceremony's can be long and boring to be honest but this priest (that's the right word right?!) was hilarious! Yes I said hilarious in regards to a priest! After vows were exchanged the photographer and close friend of Ryan and Sydney, Catherine Holden, started snapping away for family and wedding party portraits. We then hopped on the party bus and headed to some iconic Detroit locations for more photos.

We arrived at The Garden Theater in downtown Detroit to get the cocktail hour and reception going. Every little detail was thought about when they planned the wedding! The place card holders, to the music, to the inside decor, it was absolutely beautiful! Good job Syd, I'm sure you were the brains behind it all ;)

The bridal party entered, the cake was cut (there was no face smashing, I secretly hate when people do that!) then followed up by dinner, dancing and a rap by the maid of honor and best man! The DJ was great and the dance floor always had people on it, something that I love to see!

But don't read this post and try to imagine what the day looked like, you can watch it now here or below!!

Thank you Sydney and Ryan for letting me capture your day!


For more information on weddings, events and pricing you can check out my website here

4 comments

  1. Wow, that backdrop is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say the blog post is just useful for everyone else reading it because the information and knowledge it contains is very important. I like the post! all of you looking gorgeous. Excellent job! Keep sharing such valuable information through your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully clicked portrait! I have searched many adorable wedding venues in LA for my brother’s reception next month. Liking all of them and really finding it difficult to select one. Will take my mother’s help and finalize one in a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete