January Goals



It's about that time of the year where people start getting depressed because their cheeks don't look that great in that ass hugging dress they wanted to wear for NYE.  So we start making obscene resolutions up for the new year; things like, go to the gym 8 days a week for 13 months in a row. No eating carbs, sugar, fruits, vegetables or anything that smells, taste or even looks good.  So back in November I told myself I was going to make a few goals, (because resolutions just seems like a scary word to begin with), and stick to them for a whole month. Here is what they were:

1. No more buying Starbucks (I know, I about pooped my pants when I wrote it out on paper but I actually kept to it!...and then December came and I caved mega hard!)
2. No more buying dumb shit at work
3. Quick gym membership & work out at home at least 3 days a week
4. Drink more water

To some these 4 things may slap you in the face and be like well duh, that's what I do on a daily basis, but to me it was hard shit!  Now that it is New Year's Eve I'm not going to make any yearly resolutions because I've been down that road before and I don't keep them, plain and simple!  I am going to make monthly goals in hopes that these will be more manageable!

Here are my goals going into January:

1. Get Etsy store inventory up to date & figure out new packaging
2. Get a workout plan together & actually stick to it
3. Figure out new budget plan for 2014-IE: pay off credit cards (bastards!)
4. Organize pictures on external hard drive

I have a feeling this month will be really busy but I'm going to try my hardest to make sure I don't half ass these.  I did make one more goal for myself, (I guess you can count it as one) one that I need to always work on and that is to slow down with these boys, to yell less, to not be as psycho about the cleaning/laundry that needs to be done and to just live!  So many days I spend trying to fit in work, errands, grocery shopping, dishes, laundry, dinner, playing and baths I forget why I enjoy being a mom so much!  I don't really need to get it all done in one day if we're being honest here! There are days where I swear I yell or tell Tracen 'no' to the DUMEST things, things that if I heard another mother tell their kid no to I would talk smack about them to Jerek and he would nod and pretend he is listening to what I'm saying. So I will have one resolution I suppose, and that will be to live more, worry less. The laundry will get done...one day and just because Tracen knocked over your morning coffee all over the rug because you left it in a bad spot doesn't mean you should get mad at him for it, it's your own damn fault really. (Also, I love improper run on sentences incase you were wondering.)

Thank you 2013 for an AMAZING year, I'm excited and looking forward to the next 365 days!

No comments