Pizza Party Friday, on Saturday

I think I've mentioned this before but I'll mention it again. Jerek is THE best at whipping up AMAZING creations from things around the house. I think it has to do with our college years where we lived on the standard Ramen and canned goods.

Here's one thing I think I've also mentioned before. I am NO chef. My dad was a chef growing up and when it was Friday night and mom was home with my brother and I we either ate pizza, mac & cheese or left overs from the night before. So I got my mothers cooking skills, and I say this loosely!

Fast forward to Saturday night and we are doing the usual 'what do you want to eat?' 'I dunno, what do you want to eat?' conversation. As soon as I turned my back to pick up Skylor there was my counter, covered with delicious items from our panty and fridge. Then came the pizza crust. I knew what he was thinking, I got his vibe, but I was still shocked and amazed when it all came together!



INGREDIENTS: 
  • fresh spinach
  • milk
  • feta
  • semi-firm tofu
  • fresh mozzarella
  • yellow peppers
  • cappers
  • spices (Jerek's own mixture)
  • thing crust pizza crust


There was no red pizza sauce used, instead, Jer made a spinach/Alfredo sauce and it was ON. POINT! I can't tell you if I've ever seen Jer eat pizza without some type of meat on it. I'm pretty sure this was a first! I'm extremely partial to my usual pepperoni and yellow pepper pizza so this was a change for me as well. I can honestly say I would love to have this more often! Not only was it something different but I didn't feel like a fat tub-o-lard afterwards. Score!  For the past couple weeks I've been trying to persuade Jer to start a Youtube channel so stay tuned folks!


No comments