Weekend Recap

|FRIDAY|
It was a long week. I spent too many hours in my car, driving to and from work and too many minutes giving time outs to a certain three year old. The weather turned to crap again and I will admit it, but I wished we lived somewhere nice and warm, like California. Speaking of Cali, my best friend, and other half was coming back from Europe after spending 3 weeks in 3 different countries. We met in undergrad and worked together for about a year before she made the decision to go back to school and get her Masters at Berkeley. She was home for a few days before heading to Europe so I wanted to make sure I got to see her before she headed back to the beautiful, warm state of California. So I left work and raced over to her house to spend some much needed time with her and her parents.  The hardest part is, I'm not sure when I'll see her next.  As we live totally opposite lives on totally opposite sides of the country and I can't except the fact that it might not be until NEXT Christmas, I just can't.



||SATURDAY||
Forts were made, naps were taken, amazing pizza was devoured eaten and a movie (Argo) was watched until 3am (bad idea on our end, we were exhausted come Sunday!)


|SUNDAY||
This day is precious to me. Weekend after weekend, I live for Sundays. We spend the whole day with family and we never get sick of it. We started off with our usual Starbucks order and headed to Air Time to meet our nephew so the boys could run around like the crazy little three year old boys that they are.
Followed by brunch and then nap time. While the boys napped Jer and I watched another Redbox movie, Elysium, which was better than I thought it was going to be.  I did too many loads of laundry and picked up what felt like a billion toys for the millionth time.  Sunday family dinner is one of my favorite and least favorite parts of the day. I usually get depressed because it means in about 12 hours we have to get up again and head to work. But today, today is different because Jer and I don't work tomorrow for MLK day. Thank you corporate job world and also thank you daycare for NOT being closed! Day date tomorrow ya'll! Jer's mom made her classic spaghetti for dinner, which never disappoints and we are almost caught up on Homeland now, just the season finale to watch. If you know what happens do NOT spoil it, we are weeks behind, ugh!

|Hope you all had a wonderful weekend spent with the most important people in your life, I know I did|

No comments