Make Time for YOU

It's Friday night and we've eaten our pizza and drank our beer. Another successful Pizza Party Friday has commenced and were done watching Max and Ruby for the night, it's time for books and snuggles. I finally got Tracen down at 1030pm and I sneak out of his room; exhausted. Work was exhausting. This week was exhausting. I've bathed these kids more times than I can count from the massive shit explosions that covered Sky's legs, back and arm pits. I've washed Tracen's entire bed from top to bottom twice from chucks of puke that range in color. My own room is a complete mess with piles of laundry I couldn't tell you what was clean or not. I feel like no matter how many times I wash those damn bottles they are always sitting in the sink, soaking, waiting to be washed again. I look around at the toys all over the living room floor, the couch cushions are scattered around and I trip on dog toy. I start to make myself some vanilla chamomile tea and am ready to crawl into bed and call it a day. I've been up since 530am and tomorrow we have the house inspection, and a million other things to do.

I walked in the bathroom to brush my teeth and catch a look at my eyebrows. They are a mess. I've been meaning to take care of them. I've been busy.
I look down at my feet and then at my hands and realize I haven't had nail polish on them in a while and that's rare for me. I've been busy.
I gave up the tanning booth a few years ago and I miss my skin from last summer. The memories of the warm sunshine, the glow my skin had and the freckles on my cheeks that come out after being in the sun for an hour. I usually self tan in the winter, but I've been busy.

Day after day, week after week, year after year. Life gets going and it's hard to just stop from the daily grind. We sometimes lose site of what is important to us. Jerek and the boys are my absolute life, they are what makes my world go round. I enjoy my job and the people I work with and even what I do. For that I am truly blessed. But all too often we get down and start noticing things we DON'T like about our lives, our bodies or our jobs. Sometimes it's the time of year, the place you live or the people you are surround by that do this.
Since having kids I've really had to make a point to find time for myself to make sure that I'm happy. Not just for me, but for my family, because an unhappy mommy is an unhappy family. That is why I decided to not go to bed at 1030pm last night. I'm sure I could have used the extra few hours of sleep before Skylor woke up needing me but I had a rough week taking care of sick kids while I didn't feel good myself. Work was tiring and I probably smelt like a combination of diarrhea, puke, and engine oil all week. But now itt was time for me, time to relax, unwind and get back to the basic's.

It's the small things in life that can really ground you, make you appreciate what you have and think less about what you don't.

Spotify has been my recent obsession lately. I turn on one of my favorite playlist, "381 Miles". It's the perfect mix of songs for the night and nothing I'm sick of hearing. I jump in the shower and I'm instantaneously in a better place. I'm calm and allowing myself to actually enjoy the shower unlike my usual 530am ones. I have time for a hair mask while I shave my legs,  two things I haven't had time to do in a while (sorry Jer!) After a 20 minute shower I get out and start with a fake tan, an instant body and mood lifter. I use my St. Tropez Dark Bronzing Mousse followed up by lotion and the color of my skin looks like it's July within minutes after application. This is hands down my favorite fake tan and smells amazing!

I move to my toes and handle those puppies and then on to my hands I go. I've gotten my nails done so many times that I only go to the nail salon for a pedicure. I can do a manicure at home better then any salon and for a lot cheaper! Investing in the right tools and base/top coats are key. Last but not least I do my brows. Now, I'm ready for bed.

It's about midnight and I'm already feeling better about myself and what we have going on these next few days. I feel like I can be a better girlfriend and mother because I took the necessary time to de-stress and get my mind right. As mothers, we stress about everything. It's nights like these, times when you really don't want to do anything but go to sleep, that you need to muster up the energy and do something you enjoy without kids yelling or Peppa the Pig snorting the in the background. You need to make time, MAKE TIME FOR YOU.

No comments