30 Things to do Before I'm 30



What a cliche title huh.

In case you don't know I'm 28 1/2 years young and I have a little under a year and a half before I turn the dirty 30. While I personally feel like I've done a lot in my lifetime there are some things I need want to do before I turn 30.

After turning 25 I kinda freaked out saying the normal 'OMG, I'm so OLDDDD now!' That soon passed as the years have gone by and I've realized that age is just a number and as long as I'm taking care of my health and body who says what age is really "old." 

We're not gong to call this a 'bucket list' or a 'before I die list', that word usage seems all so stressful to me. It almost implies that you MUST do these before your 30, or ELSE! Were just calling it my 30 before 30 list and as I do with my monthly goals, if they happen, GREAT, if not, it's cool, there's always 31!

1. Get married ;)
2. Go to the beach in the winter
3. Take a hot air balloon ride
4. Read 10 books
5. Go to Lollapalooza in Chicago
6. Make a baby blanket for someone
7. Go to NYC
8. Sky dive
9. Run a half marathon
10. Visit sleeping bear sand dunes
11. See a Broadway show
12. Camp {in a tent, under the stars...and not complain}
13. Meet Mary Kate and Ashley
14. Drive a 2 seater car
15. Go to Disney/Book a trip to Disney
16. Rent a house/cottage for a week in the summer
17. Wear a bikini {mom goals guys, mom goals}
18. Take boys to Niagara Falls
19. Buy a DSLR camera
20. Ski/snowboard & not cry
21. Go to a Oprah live show 
22. Pay credit cards off {and not use them!}
23. Visit a winery
24. Take a photography class
25. Volunteer at a shelter 
26. Fly first class
27. Go to a Lions game
28. Transfer Blog over to Wordpress
29. Audition for a reality show {Amazing race, I need you in my life!}
30. Start a garden {try to keep alive!}

So there you have it, there's my list! As you can see a lot of it has to do with traveling. I want to get rid of a big chunk of debt so we are able to travel more as those life experiences are worth far more than any designer bag to me. I'm excited to start working on these and hopefully vlogging it as I go! A lot of these can be combined as well, like maybe I'll wear a bikini on the beach in the winter while taking a picture with my DSLR camera of a book I'm reading that I will then post about on my blog that I transferred over to Wordpress...on a camping trip. BOOM 6 things, done all at once. I told you I'm a great multitask-er, didn't I?

Also, some of these are non negotiable. Like #13, I mean ideally I would want them to stand up next to me at my wedding but beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

9 comments

  1. I can help you with a few of them! You could fly first class to NYC and we could go see a Broadway show (there's three). While you're here I can show you how to make a baby blanket w/ my sewing skillz (four). Then on the way home, you could drive back through Canada and stop at Niagara Falls (five)! Ok perfect see you soon then! xo Chelsea play. wash. rinse. repeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deal. We can leave the boys with the kids while we do all this right ;)

      Delete
  2. It's funny, so many of your things are either on my To Do list, or I've recently checked them off.
    Tom says you could spend a week at Watervale with us (#16). Sleeping Bear Dunes (#10) is only about 30 minutes away and the Leelanau Pennisula whee all the great Michigan wineries (#23) are. He's got the 2-seater car (#14) and I can help you start a garden (#30), although YOU'DE have to keep it alive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DEAL!!! This sounds like a perfect summer trip to me :) Notice I said Start a garden, no where did it say keep it alive haha

      Delete
  3. Dang! Sorry, meant to say... the Leelanau Pennisula where all the great Michigan wineries (#23) are, is only about 60 minutes from there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, my turn. I can help you with the following:

    2. Go to the beach in the winter
    5. Go to Lollapalooza in Chicago
    7. Go to NYC
    9. Run a half marathon
    11. See a Broadway show
    12. Camp (though I will probably complain)
    13. Meet Mary Kate and Ashley
    15. Go to Disney/Book a trip to Disney
    16. Rent a house/cottage for a week in the summer
    17. Wear a bikini (need to get that beach bod back, lol)
    21. Go to a Oprah live show
    23. Visit a winery (Santa Barbara!!!)
    26. Fly first class

    So, almost everything. Lol. Also, you have totally inspired me to make my 28 before 29 list early!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girlfirneddddd, if YOU can make #13 happen I will pay for you B and Trey to come to the wedding... BIBLE!

      Delete
  5. This is such a great list! And for the most part, they all seem very practical! Good luck on completing this things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Yeah I have some other ones that aren't AS practical so I'm saving those for my 40 before 40 list :)

      Delete