Too Faced Born This Way Foundation Review: Wedding Talk

too_faced_born_this_way_review

With our wedding less than 6 months away I've been on the hunt for foundation that will last through the heat in Mexico for my wedding day. When we started planning a destination wedding I knew I'd be doing my hair and makeup from day one. I get stressed thinking about relying on others for these two things because I enjoy doing my own hair and makeup and most times, think I do it better than I've had paid for before.

I've since decided that I will get a hair trial done the day we get to Mexico and we'll go from there. My makeup is another thing though, and I won't be budging on it. I know many people say airbrush is amazing but since I'm doing my own and I don't plan on buying an airbrush machine like ever I've been on the hunt for a full coverage, long lasting, non-drying, non-cake face foundation, phew, that's a mouthful!

too_faced_born_this_way_foundation_review

too_faced_born_this_way_foundation_review

I've heard nothing but amazing things about the Too Face Born This Way foundation so off to the store I went! So far I've been using it every day for over a week now, and everyday I love it more and more! The reason I wanted to try this foundation is because I have combination to dry sky, more so dry in the winter. It is fragrance free (making it a good option for those with sensitive skin *raises both hands up high*, not tested on animals and has a pump! I can't tell you how much I love a foundation with a pump, it's mess free and much more sanitary.

The coverage is medium to full but 100% build-able. While I've been wearing it more on an everyday basis (so more sheer) than I would for our wedding, I would build it up a little more to ensure it lasts through the day and night. The foundation claims to 'blur the lines between skincare and makeup. It is made to moisturize and brighten the skin. It conceals uneven skin tones, blotchy areas or post-breakout red marks (IE: my chin in these before pictures!)

too_faced_born_this_way_foundation_review

I've never been able to wear 'matte' foundations because my skin is so dry the patches are magnified and I look like I have a lizard face. One of the best parts about this foundation is there are 18 different color options to choose from, which can be rare when foundation shopping. I usually have a good eye to pick out my own color but this time I decided to leave it to the professionals and had someone color match me. Come to find out she went one shade darker than I would have thought. This was because it had less pink undertones and while I pull pink no one WANTS to have red/pink skin! Genius I tell ya! The color I'm in is Warm Nude and it matches perfectly!

I won't be wearing this every day because I don't normally go for a full coverage look for work but for testing purposes I've been wearing it every day for the last week. I will defiantly be using this for special nights out (whenever those may be!) as well as our wedding, etc. Look at how well just two small pumps covered my entire face, all my blemishes and redness are gone! For me, the Born This Way foundation applies best with a beauty blender but I've also used my foundation brush too. I personally prefer having the moisture in the beauty blender to help apply to my face, especially in the winter.
too_faced_born_this_way_foundation_review

The next test will be finding an eye look and lipstick for the wedding day so stay tuned!


1 comment

  1. I neeeeeed this stuff! We have like the same skin - combo/dry and redness - and it makes yours look amazing!

    ReplyDelete