Friday Faves

pure_michigan

Hello there and welcome to Friday, you've made it!

At least that's what I told myself this morning at 530 when my alarm was going off,

YOU MADE IT! IT'S THE WEEKEND! PIZZA PARTY FRIDAY YO!




This week has been the first full week of kindergarten for Trace and I think I can speak for both Jer and I to say we're fucking tired.

|1|  I now get why my mom made me start going to bed early a week or two before school started because getting kids to school by the bell is hard! To be honest I don't even have to deal with it anymore. Some would say that's great but I'm having a hard time with it. I use to be the one that took the boys to school and Jer picked up. With Tracen's new school schedule we have him in before care that starts at 7 and school starting at 830am. To save a little cash and not have him at school for 23 hours a day we are skipping putting him in aftercare. This means I get up at 5/530 everyday to get to work by 630 so I can leave at 230 and get him by 330 when the bell rings. With this major change I don't see the boys from 830pm till 330pm. I don't get any kisses good bye in the morning or anyone saying don't go to work or hanging on my leg while I try to leave daycare. Most people would be like that's awesome! You don't have to deal with the hard stuff in the morning and they get to run into your arms when you pick them up.

I miss that morning shit though.

I've told you before. I love the chaos.

I love the stress it brings.

It fuels me.

They fuel me.

Although, I LOVE missing all the Detroit traffic by getting to work almost 2 hours earlier! It's better for my mental clarity and to be honest, my overall happiness while at work. I also miss the traffic (for the most part) going back home and I get to scoop the boys up at 330 and enjoy them for longer in the daylight hours than I did before.

|2| If you follow along on Snap (eastwillowgrove) I made this vegan creamy Fettuccine for dinner Wednesday night and it was awesome! Super easy to make and with only 9 ingredients involved it was almost fool proof. There were zero leftovers it was that good!

|3| We leave for Colorado next Friday and I'm so ready for a little family vacation! The boys did great flying to Mexico so I'm praying this goes well! This week I'm going to be getting things all prepared and ready and hopefully cleaning the house real good because I absolutely loathe coming back to a shit hole to deal with! I'm not sure if I mentioned this but I managed to get FOUR non-stop, round trip tickets for $304. Yes, you read that correctly! We are flying Spirit, each bringing a backpack(free personal item), the stroller and car seats are free to check and that is all! We only packed 2 suitcases and 2 carry-ons for our entire wedding for us four to Mexico for a week and that included my dress and all the decorations, so I know this will be fine, I'd like to think I'm really good at packing. I'll be vlogging the whole trip as well as posting on Snapchat and Instagram (@eastwillowgrove for both) if you want to follow along!
pure_michigan

|4| Summer here in Michigan is officially over and I have come to terms with that after editing this vlog. But like all basic white girls in America, I'm diving in deep with all the fall feels! My fall capsule wardrobe video will be up on Monday so stay tuned for that!

|5| I have been getting really good at perfecting my at home coffee/latte making and I owe it to a few different items. The frother. Jer didn't understand it at first but now I think he gets it. I love this thing! It's so cheap and works really well, you don't need to spend a ton of money on those fancy ones at Starbucks. The other thing is the sugar free vanilla syrup. I normally use a vanilla almond milk creamer but I'm about to stop buying it and just use my soy milk and this syrup! It's the Starbucks brand and you can find them at Bed Bath and Beyond, Home Goods, Amazon, etc. These mugs are what I like to call our weekend mugs. Jerek doesn't give a shit but I just feel so fancy and I swear your coffee taste 100% better in these things. Or maybe its the weekend that makes you think that. Anywho, a must have for me!

Overall this week has been really good! I've been slaving away editing wedding videos, shipping shop orders out and trying to be the best damn kindergarten and preschool mom I can be!

No comments