What I would tell my 18 year old self

Since turning 28 a few weeks ago I catch myself gazing at the young interns at work, and think, 'I would love to be 18 years old again!' My life as a mother of two is phenomenal so by no means am I complaining. But just imagine what you know now, if you could tell yourself then!

I'd probably sit my skinny ass down and say the following:

1. Go to the beach everyday in the summer! Wear those short shorts and bikinis and don't give a flying F if people are staring at you because you won't be Heidi Klum in the future sista and you're body is rockin now!

2. Drink more champagne, you will never regret it

3. Travel more, money only gets tighter

4. Dressing up for themed parties/Halloween is always a good idea

5. A college degree will do you good but it's all about who you know. Make sure your resume lands in the right hands and NETWORK, NETWORK, NETWORK!

6. That dog Jerek told you to wait to buy will be a good thing, your kids will love him

7. The boy your dating will be the same boy your dating 10+ years later, plus 2 kids :)

8. Study your German more, or you will loose it

9. Eat those donuts, that bowl of ice cream or Taco Bell at 2am, you'll be just fine.

10. In an interview on CBS, Shimon Peres, the retiring President of Israel, said "You are as young as your dreams, not as old as your calendar."-- So dear young 18 year old Chelsea, stay young in mind, body and soul, your life is so full of excitmenet in the years to come, enjoy the ride, it's a crazy one!


Sadly we can not go back in time but that is probably a good thing because I would have stared at myself and thought what the hell was I wearing??? Looking back on these photos has made me appreciate everything that I have gone through in the past 10 years, the good times and the hard times. It's these 10 years of working hard and spending time with friends that have shaped me for who I am today.




PS.{How great are these throwback photos-yikes!!!}

5 comments

  1. Love this! Just turning 30 (and having my 3rd baby!) I can totally relate to reflecting back to my younger years, there were definitely some things I would have done more of, and some things less of! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! It's crazy to reflect on it now!? Congrats on your third! I want to have my 3rd by then too:)

      Delete
  2. Love this! It's amazing how quickly time has passed. I remember 15 year old Chelsea. Doesn't seem like it was so long ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah I know Troy it's crazy how time flies?!?!

      Delete
    2. Indeed it is. I ran into Katie Lewis at work yesterday and saw that she is pregnant. It blew my mind seeing her baby bump. I'm thinking it seems like yesterday we were kids ourselves now everyone is having kids of their own. So weird. FYI my wife and I love your blog.

      Delete